The Getty Images is pleased to announce the #ShowUs grant which provides financial support and mentorship to artists who are committed to authentically representing women, women and non-binary people in commercial photography and videography.
Judges will be looking for submissions that break stereotypes and conventions celebrating women and aging. They wish to honor the full spectrum of diverse experiences – showing that beauty has no age limit – all experiences are valid, welcome and appreciated. Judges will give special consideration to photographers and videographers who portray authentic stories of women, women and non-binary individuals in their local communities.
The #ShowUs project is a global library of images created by women, women and non-binary photographers dedicated to breaking beauty stereotypes around the world. Created in partnership with Dove, this global collection is 100% created by and represents women, women and non-binary individuals as they are, not as others think they should be.
The jury will take into account the quality of the portfolio, the merit of the project and the professional capacity of the artist. Judges will also assess how submitted projects authentically represent women and non-binary people around the world and how the project will help change the way media and advertising portray women and non-binary people.
Funding information and Other benefits
- This grant awards two recipients a grant of US$5,000 each
- In addition to funding, winners will be invited to license their award-winning content through GettyImages.com and iStock.com at a 100% royalty rate for images created as part of their proposed project (please see terms and conditions for more details). details). This is subject to entering into a separate agreement with Getty Images authorizing distribution of your content.
- Advice and mentorship from one of Getty Images’ award-winning art directors, plus a feature on the Getty Images Creative Insights website, plus promotion on relevant Getty Images social media. Please note that this additional support is not a requirement of the #ShowUs grant and the choice to take advantage of this opportunity is at your discretion.
- The Getty Images #ShowUs Fellowship is open to individuals who
- Are from a country or jurisdiction in which the competition fully satisfies all legal requirements for a competition of this nature; and
- Be of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence on the date of entry.
- This grant competition is void outside of these jurisdictions and where prohibited by law.
- Employees of Getty Images, Unilever and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners and each of their respective immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of these employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Non-employee Getty Images contributors are eligible.
For more information, visit https://grants.gettyimages.com/en/grants/showus-grant-beauty-has-no-age-limit