London doctor struck off after uploading over 1,000 indecent images of children as young as two


A doctor downloaded more than 1,000 indecent images of children as young as two on his laptop, a court has heard.

Dr David Walker has now been struck off the medical register after being sentenced to 100 hours of volunteer work and 60 hours of rehabilitation.

He had graduated from King’s College London and was due to start his first year as a doctor-in-training when police found more than 1,000 pictures of children on his laptop.

READ MORE: Maida Vale ‘hero’ driver arrested for murder after running over and killing man stabbing ex to death on bail

The Medical Practitioners Tribunal determined on January 6 that Dr. Walker’s fitness to practice had been impaired following a criminal conviction in April 2021, and he was immediately disbarred.



Guy’s Campus, where medical students attend lectures, King’s College London

On April 30, 2020, months before Dr. Walker was to begin his founding year, police were called to his home after his IP address was linked to suspicious internet activity.

Dr Walker first told police that his computer had been hacked.

He was warned by the police and arrested, while his phone and laptop were seized.

The doctor later admitted to accessing indecent images of children using Snapchat and Dropbox, but maintained that he had not uploaded any sexual images.

He also said he did not access the footage for sexual gratification and had no sexual attraction to children.

Analysis of Dr Walker’s devices revealed 154 ‘Grade A’ sexual images – these are the most serious and obscene.

Police also found more than 1,000 images of children in categories B and C, defined as “images involving non-penetrative sexual activity” or “other indecent images”.

The children in the images ranged in age from two or three to 13 or 14 years old.



According to court documents, Dr Walker ‘had been open and honest’ with his partner and family about his crimes and they were supportive of his rehabilitation

Police questioned Dr Walker a second time in February 2021, where he accepted responsibility for possessing the footage.

On July 7, 2021, following his conviction, Dr Walker appeared at Southwark Magistrates’ Court where he was sentenced to a 24 month community order to perform 100 hours of unpaid work and an obligation to follow 60 hours of rehabilitation.

Dr Walker did not attend the court hearings and a decision was made in his absence that he would be removed from the medical register because he had “committed offenses which would be considered extremely serious by members of the public”.

In its ruling on Dr Walker’s impairment, the court added: “The offenses themselves involved the possession of unlawful images of children which represented the most serious possible abuse of those children by others.

“As the sentencing noted, the judge pointed out that his actions in obtaining and viewing this material helped fuel the demand that drove people to commit such sexual abuse and create the kinds of images involved.”



Do you want to stay up to date with the latest news, views, features, and opinions from across the city?

MyLondon The 12’s brilliant newsletter is full of all the latest news to keep you entertained, informed and motivated.

You’ll receive 12 stories straight to your inbox around noon. It’s the perfect lunchtime read.

And what’s more, it’s FREE!

The MyLondon team tell London stories for Londoners. Our reporters cover all the news you need – from City Hall to your local streets, so you never miss a moment.

Don’t skip a beat and sign up for The 12 newsletter here.

According to court documents, Dr Walker “had been open and honest” with his partner and family about his crimes and they were supportive of his rehabilitation.

The judge issued a five-year sexual abuse prevention order for Dr Walker, telling the court: “While you have already taken positive steps and made progress towards rehabilitation, as the pre-sentence report makes clear, there is still work to be done.”

In the absence of any evidence that Dr. Walker had “reflected or remedied in any way the effect his offense would have had on public confidence in the medical profession”, or that “there is no had no significant risk of recurrence”, the Court decided to remove it from the medical register to protect the public.

The court added: ‘A reasonable and properly informed member of the public would be shocked to be told that a doctor convicted of such offences, involving children, was permitted to practice without restriction.’

Want the latest crime news, sports news or the latest London news straight to your inbox? Register here .

Do you think we should cover a story? Email [email protected]

Previous Images of the Past: West Grove Savings Bank | Columnists
Next East Side Councilman Jalen McKee-Rodriguez's proposals target crime and food deserts in San Antonio