Walt Disney Imagineer Zach Riddley shared another look inside Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Return before the opening of the new attraction in EPCO this summer.
- After getting a first look at the loading platform of the new attraction just a few weeks ago, Riddley gave several new looks inside the new Marvel attraction on his instagram Account.
- The five new photos shared by Riddley show more of the cargo dock, as well as a bit more of the design around the building, including the Nova Corps logo (as seen above).
- Riddley also shared the following caption with his photos:
- One of the ways we help tell the story is by infusing detail into all the different functional elements that make up an attraction and this one is no different. And I’m happy to show some close-up photos of those details. The angular designs, striking use of color and materials all help tell the story of a Nova Corps facility. Railings, station doors, and floor markings (yes, the floor is pretty cool too) are all used to convey the experience in ways that may not be as obvious or apparent, but every detail is a choice that supports our story. And much of Nova Corps designs are inspired by their star symbol and this symbol makes several appearances in space in striking illuminated graphics.
- Seen in these new close-up images, our station doors have a weight and scale that help convey the industrial nature of the area. Stainless steel handrails give a sturdy and durable feel and show Nova Corps’ precision craftsmanship. An attraction of this scale includes many thousands of design details that work together to create mood, place and action – and these are just a few of the many you’ll see here. Thank you to everyone working hard to put the finishing touches on this experience – inside and out.
- When it opens, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be one of the longest fully enclosed coasters in the world.
- Imagineers also described the attraction as a thrill rollercoaster, placing it somewhere between Seven Dwarfs Mining Train at magic kingdom and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster with Aerosmith at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Actress Glenn Close is also set to reprise her role as Nova Prime from the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie for the new attraction.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is set to open this summer.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel arrangements