Hello and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know when you start your
Wuhan lab report raises more questions about possible COVID-19 lab leak
Months before the COVID-19[female[feminine epidemic, the Wuhan National Biosafety Lab has requested bids for major renovations to aviation safety and waste handling systems at research facilities that had been operational for less than 2 years, according to a new Congressional report on the origins of the pandemic, obtained by Fox News.
“Such a major renovation so soon after the facility begins to operate seems unusual,” the Republican staff report from the House Foreign Affairs Committee said. The air disinfection, hazardous waste and central air conditioning systems projects “all raise questions about how well these systems were working in the months leading up to the COVID-19 outbreak.”
The real reason for posting the procurement is unclear, as is when or if the job even started. This adds another circumstantial element to the controversial argument that the pandemic started in a Wuhan laboratory, including suspicious behavior and obfuscation from the Chinese government and a sign that the pandemic began months before the hypothesis. former.
Just weeks before President Biden’s deadline for the intelligence community’s review of the origins of the pandemic, Republicans will release their most detailed case to date, claiming Wuhan researchers could have genetically manipulated virus and that “the preponderance of evidence suggests that SARS-CoV-2 was accidentally released from a laboratory at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.”
The staff of Representative Michael McCaul, R-Texas, the top Republican on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, will include the information as an addendum to their September report. CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TOP STORY.
In other developments:
– Best Biden Officials Now to believe Possible COVID lab leak: report
– Fauci, great scientist called briefing committees of the House; phone call questioned
– GOP representatives to look for Fauci’s answers on whether he misled Americans about Chinese office-winning research
– Sen. Rand Paul: “In all likelihood” COVID escaped from a Wuhan laboratory
-Mark of the meadows calls out Dr Fauci on his response to the Wuhan lab leak theory
Fauci “respectfully disagrees” that masks are a “choice”: “Infection impacts everyone”
White House Chief Health Advisor Dr Anthony Fauci has dismissed the idea that face masks are a “personal choice” in the face of the increasingly serious delta variant of the coronavirus.
The United States on Thursday recorded nearly 80,000 new cases of COVID-19 – well below January’s peak of nearly 300,000 new cases daily, but a large increase from a month ago, when cases dailies were less than 10,000.
While it is not clear how many of these cases resulted from the more transmissible delta variant, the CDC said in early July that the variant was likely the dominant strain in the United States. resisted the call to wear masks, saying they have the right to choose to wear one.
“I respectfully disagree with them,” Fauci told ABC’s “This Week”. “There are things that are individual responsibilities that one has, and there are things that have to do with you individually that also impact on others, and the spread of infection that we are now seeing. … Has an impact on everyone in the country. ”
“Although you want to respect a person’s individual right, when you are faced with a public health situation, and we are actually in a very serious public health challenge here … a person’s individual decision not to wearing a mask does not only impact it… but you can very well infect another person who may be vulnerable, ”he added. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Fauci warns Latest wave of COVID-19 “will get worse”
– Bret Stephens from NYT shots Fauci in scathing editorial: “Misinformation about Covid also comes from above”
– Gavin Newsom slammed for masking “hypocrisy” and “ignoring science” by GOP candidate for governor Larry Elder
– Contradictions by Fauci, CDC throughout the COVID pandemic describe in the viral Twitter thread
Olympic athlete Raven Saunders is latest to inject politics into Toykyo games
US silver medalist shot putter Raven Saunders gave a political demonstration on Sunday at the Olympic Games podium during the last event at the Tokyo Games.
During the photoshoot at her medal ceremony, Saunders stepped off the podium, raised her arms above her head and formed an “X” with her wrists.
“This is the crossroads where all oppressed people meet,” she said when asked what her protest meant.
Saunders, who is openly gay, has often questioned whether the Olympics could live up to the diversity mission.
“Be me. Don’t apologize,” she said in a high-profile conversation after her second place finish. “To show the younger ones that no matter how many boxes they try to put you in, you can be you and you can accept it. People have tried to tell me not to get tattoos and piercings. and all that. But look at me now, and I’m having a blast. “
Moments after Saunders’ protest, US fencer Race Imboden was also seen with a circled X written on his hand as he stepped onto the podium at another location after the US foil team beat Japan in the bronze medal match.
Saunders’ protest comes after a handful of other Olympians demonstrated during the summer games, including players from the United States women’s soccer team, who knelt to protest racism and the discrimination before a game with Sweden last month. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In other developments:
– Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games: Americans who won gold medals at the Games
– Gold and green: Olympic basketball, NBA business to cut
– Belarusian runner said team forcing departure
– Hello again: United States and Spain meet in the men’s Olympic quarters
– Senators produce 1T dollar infrastructure bill after days of negotiations
– Boyfriend from Minnesota accused in beheading death of a woman; several people were said to have witnessed the incident
– Violence in Chicago: 5 dead, 50 Pull in the middle of a bloody weekend
– Drone footage of migrants at Texas Bridge an “absolute disaster” from Biden, Republican said
– The Louisiana man accused for killing his grandmother, stabbing his mother and injuring three others in an outbreak: the police
LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– Former Facebook employee sounds alarm after rejecting the big paycheck to speak out
– Square agrees to acquire Afterpay as part of an all-stock operation
– CEO of Scholastic sudden death, office romance and surprise
– According to tax agency rules, Trump owed a refund of $ 1 million, but it may not be easy to collect
– Rules of the Californian pig could make the bacon disappear
A FEW WORDS OF END
Marc Levin, host of Fox New’s “Life, Liberty & Levin”, explained to viewers how to use leftist tactics to fight Marxism on Sunday’s show.
“I am delighted that parents are starting to show up in droves at school board meetings, but they are being abused at these school board meetings,” Levin said, adding “we have to embrace the strategies of the left in some ways … We can use Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions against institutions that undermine our country and destroy the minds of our children. “
Not yet subscribed to Fox News First? Click on here to find out what you’re missing.
Fox News’ Go to the monitoring page is now available, offering visitors pay TV provider options in their area, broadcasting Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Jack Durschlag of Fox News. Thanks for making us your first choice in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox early Tuesday.